Latest news from South Africa’s premier source of weekly real-economy news on projects, products, policies, personalities and techno-economic progress, covering a wide range of industries – from agro processing to information technology.
Vryburg bridge Project: The Design and Construction of a Temporary Plate Girder Railway Bridge
Click Here for the Full Document
Plea for Engineering Opportunities for Patrick Masuku
Patrick Masuku (Pr. Eng, BSc Eng(civil), NDipl (civil) completed his Matric with a distinction in mathematics at Katlegong High School. Since March 2020, he has been not active due to a lack of projects and political instability in South Africa. Click Here for more on Patrick Masuku’s achievements.
Green hydrogen economy to bring opportunities for South Africa – NSBE President: Mdu Mlaba.
Project management skills vital for local energy transition
NSBE Gauteng PEC partnered with Wits University Civil Engineering Council & Hilti South Africa to host The Future of Civil Engineering Event.
Think Tank Discussion on African Energy Transition, Strengthening African Manufacturing & Supply Chain Processes
- SANRAL Career Expo and Bursary Drive
- National Society Of Black Engineers – NSBE SA
- Keller Prevails Over Challenging Embankment Support Project
- Unicaf is celebrating AFRICA month and they are giving $5m worth of scholarships to 1,000 eligible applicants.
- Sisulu calls on Engineers to contribute to the developmental agenda of SA
Source: AfricaNews24 Published on 2021-06-20
- Problems at ESKOM Not Due to Black Engineers
Source: SolomonStar Published on 2019-02-27
- SAWEA appoints new chairperson
- Budget shows an economy treading water, not collapsing – Jammine
- Global unrest fuelling shipping costs, consumers to feel it within a year – Unctad
- Another 124 power plants registered with Nersa raising total to 1 087 since 2018
- Treasury backs Central Bank inflation target review
- Treasury publishes much anticipated PPP legislative amendments for public comment
- Eskom eschews $2.5bn of cheap loans as climate pact founders
- Premium car market outlook murky as South Africans continue to hunt for Asian bargains
- Proposed reforms to PPP framework to accelerate infrastructure delivery welcomed
- Private rail network investment expected to focus on bulk freight at first – Traxtion
- CBE showcases Built Environment National Logbook prior to launch
- Eskom insists downward EAF slide has been ‘arrested’ amid Stage 4 loadshedding
- Lake Victoria freight vessel aims to cut travel time by up to three days
- Innovative interventions needed to turn around underperforming growth trajectory – Agbiz
- Auto industry pleased with EV allocation, but more will be needed – Naamsa