Who are we?
National Society of Black Engineers of South Africa (NSBE-SA) is a registered Non-Profit (NPO) and a voluntary based membership organisation established in 1998.
- To ensure full participation of black engineers in the mainstream economy, wealth creation and distribution.
- We Promote public awareness of engineering and the opportunities for Blacks in that profession.
- We strive to increase the number of Black students studying engineering at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- We function as a representative body on issues and developments that affect the careers of Black engineers.
- We mobilize black engineers into an influential organization which will influence economic and policy making decisions.
- We promote and advocate for the advancement of black engineers, technicians and technologists.
- We engage black engineers and offer support programs so that they stay in the profession throughout their career lifespans.
- We are actively involved in tertiary institutions offering support and mentorship programs to engineering students.
- We undertake community outreach programs that promote engineering as a career amongst school kids providing vital information on bursaries and scholarships, in particular to township and rural schools.
- We promote entrepreneurship amongst our members and facilitate support programs for our business minded members